Happy Vegan Day..if it’s good enough for Beyonce…
Thinking of turning vegan? Well today could be a good day to start. We’re celebrating Vegan Day with a delicious recipe from local Leicestershire blog, The Vegan Twist which is not only healthy but tasty too. Try it out tonight.
- 200g dry rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh grated, ginger
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (or other neutral flavoured vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 160g (about 1/2 a head) shredded sweetheart cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Sriracha, to serve
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cool water – then set aside.
- Add the rapeseed oil and sesame oil to a pre-heated skillet on medium/high. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger with a sprinkle of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue to stir-fry until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and turmeric and continue to cook while stirring for another 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes, using a fork to separate the noodles so everything gets evenly mixed.
- Add half of the coriander and half the green onions. Using the fork again to distribute ingredients evenly . Season with additional salt and pepper, if wanted.
- Remove from heat and serve with the extra coriander, spring onions and sriracha.