Hi, I’m Keya, an ex-London journalist who wrote for Drapers and Food and Travel magazine and made the move into editing/blogging a few years back, first at ACHICA Living, focusing on design, decor and lifestyle and now happily as the editor of glossy lifestyle platform, Muddy Stilettos, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
I’ve lived in Leicestershire with my husband and children for the last seven years, and I am living proof there is a fab life to be enjoyed outside the M25 – and I am excited to discover new stuff on home turf to share with my awesome Muddy readers.
Muddy Stilettos first tottered into the world in Summer 2011 as a bit of fun for the founder, Hero Brown. The idea was a simple one: to write a witty but indispensable local guide to the very best restaurants, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events (whilst also perking up her social life). So as you can imagine, when the chance arose to be Editor of Leicestershire and Rutland I almost bit her hand off! As well as being an indispensable local guide, it’s also a platform for local businesses to get their message across and for us to see what an amazing and creative county we live in. Muddy Stilettos can now be found in 22 counties, with editions in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Northants, Surrey, Kent, Norfolk, Suffolk, Sussex, Somerset, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Warwickshire and Wiltshire, hopefully with more to follow!
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I won’t write nasty reviews. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies, but if the experience wasn’t good enough, I won’t write about it in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need for a successful site and the trust that my readers require.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc. with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos (as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all of the time). Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you would like me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com or on Twitter @muddyleicsrut.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!