Hi, I’m Keya, an ex-London fashion journalist who made the move into blogging a few years back, first at ACHICA Living, focusing on design, decor and lifestyle and now happily as the Leics editor of Muddy Stilettos.
I’ve lived in Leicestershire with my husband (and now son) for the last five years, and I am living proof there is a fab life to be enjoyed outside the M25 – and I am excited to discover new stuff on home turf to share with my awesome Muddy readers.
The original Muddy Stilettos (Oxon/Bucks) has been running in its present form since Nov 2012 and has become so successful that it has moved into 15 further counties – Leicestershire (c’est moi!), Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Glos, Warcs, Northants, Surrey, Kent, Norfolk, Sussex, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Cambridgeshire.
Did I mention the awards? *Ahem* Muddy Stilettos is a Finalist (ongoing), Best Art & Culture Blog in the UK, 2017, won Most Innovative Blog at the UK National Blog Awards 2015, and was also awarded Top 3 Lifestyle Blogs in the country in 2014 and 2015.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the blog:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself (for example, an event that hasn’t happened yet – um, I’m not a miracle worker) I let you know about it. Occasionally guest editors will review and these will be clearly marked as such.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial blog and as such accepts advertising. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com or via twitter @muddyleics
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. BUT if you’re not good enough, I will not write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
I hope you love the blog. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!